Five Amite Bridges Permanently Closed
On Friday, February 24, the county engineer, David Cothren, notified the supervisors that the five bridges were closed after an inspection that took place on Thursday, February 23. The inspection was given by officials from the Federal Highway Administration, Mississippi Department of Transportation and the office of State Aid Road Construction.
The following Amite Bridges that will permanently closed are located on:
- Powell Road which is located over the west fork of the Amite River.
- Hebron Road, over the east fork of the Amite River.
- Mary Wall Bridge Road, which is a relief structure, located east fork of the Amite River.
- Richmond Road located over the Cuba Creek.
- Turner Road where there is a large drain.